Congratulations to Glen Foley, Blue Star’s Program Engineer at a large steel mill, for becoming a Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS). The CLS certification recognizes Glen’s expertise on the fundamentals of lubrication in maintenance industrial settings. His efforts and achievement are aligned with Blue Star’s commitment to continually raise the bar on the value we bring to our customers.
Glen’s certification was earned through significant on-the-job experience and classroom training that ultimately gave him the knowledge to perform extremely well on an intense certification test.
Some of Glen’s responsibilities at the steel mill include the following:
- Evaluate applications and select proper lubricants
- Conduct lube surveys; specify lubricants and procedures for equipment.
- Train lubricators and assembles work lists for them to follow.
- Establish lube frequencies on all equipment.
- Design or modify all types of lubricant dispensing systems.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance and Used Lubricant analysis programs.
- Oversee oil waste collection, reclamation or disposal.
- Consolidate lubricant inventories to the fewest possible products.
- Maintain records of lubricants by application throughout the plant.
- Create Standard lubrication tasks & jobs for new projects
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures to identify root cause then identify corrective action follow up.
The success of a lubrication program depends on the ability of Blue Star employees to understand and apply lubrication best practices. By investing in training Blue Star raises the lubrication standards for our customers’ operations and advances the application knowledge of our employees. This will bring greater productivity and cost savings for our customers, as well as strengthen Blue Star’s value to those customers.